Stati Uniti d'America 09/07/2007We acknowledge that the Church's liturgy is an internal Catholic matter and this motu proprio from Pope Benedict XVI is based on the permission given by John Paul II in 1988 and thus, on principle, is nothing new.
However we are naturally concerned about how wider use of this Tridentine liturgy may impact upon how Jews are perceived and treated.
We appreciate that the motu proprio actually limits the use of the Latin Mass in the days prior to Easter, which addresses the reference in the Good Friday liturgy concerning the Jews. However, it is still not clear that this qualification applies to all situations and we have called on the Vatican to contradict the negative implications that some in the Jewish community and beyond have drawn concerning the motu proprio.
Ultime novità nel sito
- 19/04/2020: Articolo - L’enigma della Maddalena
- 23/02/2020: Articolo - Il locus amoenus nelle catacombe ebraiche e cristiane di Roma
- 16/02/2020: Articolo - Il profetismo nel Vicino Oriente antico
- 13/02/2020: Articolo - I Profeti della Cappella Sistina
- 09/02/2020: Articolo - Gerusalemme e la Terra Santa di Israele